Our School Zone
Our school zone is available on findmyschool.vic.gov.au which hosts the most up-to-date information on school zones in Victoria.
Students residing within our school zone are guaranteed a place at our school, which is determined on the basis of your permanent residential address.
Our school manages enrolments using the Placement Policy to ensure that students have access to their designated neighbourhood.
For more information, you can:
How to Enrol
2024 Prep Enrolments
Contact our administration staff on (03) 9787 1385 whom will provide you with information about our wonderful school and will organise a tour for you. The enrolment process for 2023/24 has now changed so please read the steps below carefully:
Prep (Foundation) application for enrolment can be completed between the 24th of April and the 28th of July. Your child must be 5 years old by the 30th of April, in the year that they are starting school.
As a priority we must enrol students who are in our school zone, and siblings of currently enrolled students. Please advise the school if at any time the details on this form change.
How do I enrol my child in their first year of primary school?
- Find your local school on the findmyschool.vic.gov.au website, which hosts the most up-to-date information about Victorian school zones. Students residing in our school zone are guaranteed a place at our school, which is determined on the basis of your permanent residential address.
- Click below to download the Prep (Foundation) enrolment information pack here
- Submit a Student Application Form if you reside outside our school zone, or a Student Enrolment Form if you are in our zone or currently have a child already attending the school. All forms need to be submitted by Friday, 28th July 2023.
- You will be notified of the outcome of your application by Friday, 11th August 2023. If you receive an offer of placement, you should accept the offer by Friday, 25th August 2023 to be guaranteed a place at our school.
- Take part in enrolment information and transition sessions during Term 4, 2023.
- Your child will start Prep (Foundation) from a date advised by our school, in 2024.
Can my family apply to a government primary school that is not our local school?
Yes, our school will consider your application in line with our Placement Policy provided there is available space.
Years 1 to 6 Enrolments
Please contact our administration team for further information about Years 1 to 6 enrolments.
There is a difference between an application form and an enrolment form. The application form informs the school that you are wanting to enrol your child in 2023 or 2024. An enrolment form will be provided if your details meet the Department of Education’s requirements. Mt Eliza Primary School requires that an application form to enrol should be lodged with the school, within the time frame.
An application form can be obtained from our school or you can download it here.
Prospective parents/carers can fill out the form online and then email the school at firstname.lastname@example.org, hand deliver it or send via post.
When filling out an enrolment form please ensure you provide us with this very important information about your child/ren, Including:
- Evidence of your child’s date of birth (birth certificate, or, if they were not born in Australia, a passport or travel document such as a visa). Please visit the following site to arrange a birth certificate if needed; https://www.bdm.vic.gov.au/births/get-a-birth-certificate
- Immunisation History Statement Certificate – Click on the following link for more information; https://www.humanservices.gov.au/individuals/services/medicare/australian-immunisation-register/how-get-immunisation-history-statement
If you need further assistance to complete your enrolment, please let our administration staff know.
To arrange a school tour please contact our experienced office staff on (03) 9787 1385. We are taking enrolments now and look forward to welcoming you and your child/ren to our fantastic school community.